|Photo Credit: © Yash Raj Films|
Twenties are the time when most of us take up our first jobs. Even though it’s great to finally start earning and ‘be on your own’, corporate life is nothing like we imagine it to be in our younger years. It’s stressful and unrewarding. Here are 18 harsh truths about corporate life nobody will ever tell you.
1. The more efficient you are at your work, the more you will be burdened with it.
2. Nobody cares about your individual progress in the corporate world. All that matters is what you contribute to the company.
3. There will come a time when you will take up a job just for the money and nothing else.
4. Desk jobs kill creativity.
5. Very often, you will be held accountable for tasks that weren’t even your responsibility in the first place.
6. You will be dealing with a dozen tasks other than what you were initially hired for. Your scope of work will only keep increasing.
7. You will be constantly made to believe you need the company more than it needs you, and that, is not always true.
8. Meetings are a waste of time. Always. Nothing good has ever come out of them, really. Most people aren’t listening, and the ones talking are far away from reality.
9. If you’re sluggish, you’ll be ridiculed by your boss. If you’re proactive, you’ll be hated by your colleagues.
10. Your needs as an employee would go completely ignored, sometimes. You won’t get what you really deserve until you raise your voice and put your foot down.