- If you drop a whole egg on the floor, pour salt all over the egg, let it sit for awhile, then use dustpan, the egg will come right up, without all that mess.
- Soak stained hankies in salt water before washing.
- Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
- Soak fish in salt water before descaling; the scales will come off easier.
- Put a few grains of rice in your saltshaker for easier pouring.
- Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
- Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.
- Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way.
- A tiny pinch of salt with egg whites makes them beat up fluffier.
- Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up.
- Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your flapjacks won't stick.
- Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
- Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
- Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.
Courtesy: Facts N Myths